The Indonesian Government had adjusted the official fees applicable for IP Indonesia Services within Directorate General of Intellectual Property by enacting the Government Regulation No. 28 of 2019 concerning Category and Fees on Non-tax State Revenue Applied within Ministry of Law and Human Rights.
This regulation will replace Government Regulation No. 45 of 2016 that set the provisions and amount of official fees within the Ministry of Law and Human Rights and will be effective as of 3 May 2019.
Similar with the previous regulation, the newly enacted Government Regulation No. 28 of 2019 contains an adjustment on the IP Indonesia fees, mainly increases the official fees amount and contains additional official fee categories on the following matters:
- Increase of official fees on recordal of assignment, license agreement, change of name/address, and other post-recordation services; and
- Addition of official fees for Collective Management Organisation operational license.
- Increase of official fees on recordal of license agreement, submission on objection towards rejection of industrial design application, and other post-application services.
- Increase of official fees on additional claims exceeding 10 claims, additional page(s) of description exceeding 30 pages, substantive examination request, and other post-application services;
- Increase of patent annuity fees; and
- Addition of official fees on request to expedite the substantive examination through Patent Prosecution Highway, and Compulsory License.
- Increase of official fees on trademark renewal submitted within 6-months grace period, recordal of assignment, license agreement, change of name/address, and other post-recordation services; and
- Addition of official fees for trademark application under Madrid Protocol.